Hm… I guess it´s time to come clear
yes, I´m still alive … thank God? Unfortunately? I´ll leave that up to you.
There are no words that can express how terribly sorry I am to have poofed so suddenly, without a word. It´s nothing you should do, especially not as a sponsored blogger.
Let me give you a short recap of what happened in the last 3 years:
- I had a major burnout, followed by a boreout cos my colleagues didn´t give me any tasks after the burnout in case it was too much for me (well cleaning the coffee machine 3 times a day really does your head in, trust me…)
- there was a nasty break-up as in I got dumped pathetically
- I was at home for 2 years – plenty of time but I was struggling financially as it is and my desktop was too old to run SL properly, let alone take acceptable pics
- I met the man of my dreams and we became best friends
- I started StarWars Cosplay and joined the 501st Legion German Garrison as TI – 68713
- I got a new laptop and returned to SL because as you might remember I abuse Kasha for Character Pics *coughs*
- Last Christmas I got a new PC (admit it you sung it in your head^^)
- I started retraining as an office clerk (I worked in offices for years, but in Germany you need a certificate for everything…)
So yeah, while I do have the hardware to blog again I´m nowhere near capable of returning to where I was.
Back then it was like this:
- setting up the spot
- cranking the graphics up
- praying to whoever was available – all of them
- taking the pic
- typing the blog entry in blogspot (this one is actually written on wordpress^^)
- crossposting to WordPress, Tumblr, moolto, what have you
- FB (the blog´s page, Kashas Profile, about 300 SL Fashion groups (no really… I kid you not…)
- inworld groups
- Flickr including all tags, links, groups
all of that took me up to 3 hours PER POST.
My current SL budget is 40€ a month which is about 12k L$, 7k for rent and 5k for shopping. You see that´s dropped down severely. Now with D (the name continues but let´s introduce him as D ^^) …we´re going to move in next year but until then the cats and I go over every other weekend plus there are the 501st events, we´re in 2 PNP rounds (Shadowrun 5 and D´n´D 5) and we´ve got a monthly SW get-together so it´s one free weekend. My retraining is full-time so that kills another 10 hours every Mon – Thu, 6 every Friday. I´ve started bullet-journalling (yes, I do have one for SL, too XD) and I´ve started to clean my inventory, take pics of the stuff I didn´t take pics of back then (accessories, poses, furniture, textures) – I´m down 21k (still 62k in there^^).
Plus there´s these damn Mesh heads. I´ve demoed everyone and their kids and moms and whatever I could find… NOT ONE I liked… so this will take quite a while, too.
You get the idea, IF I´d return to blog there´d be waaaaay less PR, it´d basically just be:
- yadda yadda -> post
- crosspost to either Blogspot or WordPress
- FB: Blog page and Kasha´s page
- inworld groups
plus it´d be waay less frequent of course and not regularly. I just can´t tell how much I´ll be on tomorrow, next week, what have you.
I miss blogging, I really do. But that´s the only way it could be. There´s no way any sponsors would accept me (back) like this so I wouldn´t have sponsored posts and deadlines either.
Ok ,now you´re informed what happened, why I did what I did and yeah. I´d love to talk to you though. Via IM inworld or on the forums? I´m quite active there…